- General Information
- Teaching Staff
- Application forms
- Study in Kagoshima Univ.
- Study in Japan (outside link)
- Scholarships (outside link)
•We are seeking ambitious students who want to study medical sciences in Kagoshima, Japan.
•Students with a Bachelor’s degree in any background (Science, Engineering, Agriculture, Dietetics, etc.) are welcome.
•The majority of courses are in English.
•Scholarships are available for excellent students.
The aim of the graduate program is to develop each student to be able to apply knowledge and techniques related to medicine and dentistry that positively impact various fields of health and industry. Students will acquire specialized knowledge that can be applied to the prevention and treatment of diseases in humans and for the conservation of the environment and the development of society. Students will gain the necessary skills to be scholars and practitioners who possess a broad range of perspectives and ethical standards.
-- We seek candidates who
1. Aim to engage in medical care, welfare, and health care administration as medical professionals
2. Have the willingness to learn and engage enthusiastically in research related to medicine, dentistry, and health care.
3. Are interested in different fields and cultures and capable of communicating internationally
4. Possess basic academic abilities and knowledge and techniques in their specialized fields as graduates of undergraduate programs
5. Possess the attitude of learning independently and are interested in various problems of local and international communities related to their
6. Are willing to discover, explore and resolve problems independently.
-- Prerequisites for Admission
1. Basic academic abilities equivalent to a bachelor's degree in life sciences or related domains
2. The English Language skills to be able to read international papers in specialized fields
3. Basic academic abilities as university graduates and necessary knowledge and techniques in their specialized fields
4. The attitude of learning independently and an interest in the various problems of local and international communities related to their specialized field
5. A strong will to discover, explore and resolve problems independently
-- Basic Policy for Selection of New Entrants
Targeting applicants meeting specified application requirements, we evaluate basic academic abilities in the domains of medical sciences through an essay exam and capability of reading literature related to the areas of medical sciences in English through a foreign language exam (English)
[International students are assessed for language skills in their ability to read and understand and to conduct research through an English exam prepared specifically for international students and a Japanese test].
1. The curriculum provides compulsory and elective subjects for systematically and intensively acquiring the essence of the basic required knowledge
and techniques to become researchers and educators in medicine and dentistry
2. The curriculum provides education that nurtures high ethical standards and problem-solving skills required for maintaining professions that necessitate
high specialization through conducting research and presentations
3. The curriculum provides education that nurtures individuals who acquire practical abilities to demonstrate advanced expertise and necessary research
skills in specialized fields.
The Master's degree is awarded to individuals who obtain the required credits for completion, have been enrolled for the specified period, have acquired the following abilities and have passed the review conducted by the graduate medical and dental school.
1. The core competencies and specialized knowledge that can be applied to the prevention and treatment of disease in humans, conservation of
environment and development of society
2. The basic abilities for specialists who can socially contribute to various fields of life sciences and medical sciences
3. Capacity to apply specialized knowledge and techniques based on academic research from a broad perspective and with high ethical standards to
medicine and related domains
4. Capacity to contribute to the development of local and international communities utilizing basic research capabilities in the specialized field an advanced
knowledge and expertise.
Administration Office, Kagoshima University
Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences
Address: Sakuragaoka 8-35-1, Kagoshima City 890-8544, Japan